Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cloning in parallel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

work7x24

Technical User
Mar 18, 2001
US
Does anyone know a way that I can clone all volumes that were written to during a nightly backup cycle concurrently? My clones take FOREVER!

See thread 480-28797 which deals with this very question

New User: How do I find thread 480-28797? which deals with this very question

Sorry I thought that you could search by thread number. The title you are looking for is Scheduling Cloning

Carefull with this one! I recently had the same question and found a great article from "networkerjournal.com". When cloning begins automatically after your group has completed it's saves, it "de-streams" the info to the clones thus the great amount of time required for cloning. However, the article I found details (have to pay for a subscription to receive the actual info) a method that will ignore the de-streaming and perform (basically) a tape to tape copy. However, using this method, Networker does NOT write any info to the indexes. By allowing Networker to "naturally" clone, you get the index info required to perform a disaster recovery later on, if needed.

Good luck,

cfowler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back