Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clone stamp not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

achau

Technical User
Apr 16, 2001
GB
I try to use the clone stamp in PS7 but when I press the alt button, instead of getting a little stamp icon, I get an icon that looks like a target viewfinder (2 circles with a plus sign in there), and the clone function doesn't work at all. This is happening for the healing tool also.

It worked before, but I don't know what settings I've messed up so that it no longer works. I can't figure out what settings I need to change to get this back to normal. Please help. Thanks.

Hi,

Try this: faq229-2082

Hope this helps!
relax.gif

Thanks. I've just tried it, and no, it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions?

The caps lock is off.

I was trying to avoid re-installing it but it looks like I have no choice.

:-(

The symbol you see when you hold down the alt key is the target for the stamp. It should disappear when you release the alt key after you click the target area you want to clone. If it doesn't, it's possible that your keyboard alt key is stuck.

Just for reference, the sequence for the clone tool is:

1. set the brush parameters (size, hardness, opacity, etc.)
2. hold down the alt key and click to set the area you wish to copy
3. release the alt key and move the pointer to the area to clone, then click-release or click-drag to clone.

The healing tool works pretty much the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back