Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clock synchronization 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floro

MIS
Apr 5, 2004
ES
Hi everybody

There is some way to clock synchronization automaticly in a G3rV11?

Thanks in advance.

Floro

Floro,

unfortunately, no. if you upgrade your system to s8700, you would be able to sync your system's clock via ntp. but g3r can't do that.

If you use Avaya Site Administration, you can schedule your G3r to sync from your PC.

anisbet2171,

this type of syncronization is destructive and is not recommended. the idea is not to set the time explicitly on some schedule but to constantly adjust the internal clock so you _don't_ have to set the time. because if you use 'set time' command, and this is what asa does, you get unpredictable results in cdr, cms, and everything in the system that is tied to internal clock.

If your G3r, Si or Prologix is running fast/slow, then it is an option. As long as your site isn't open 24 hours then you should be able to find a time when there will be no activity. We have had to live with set time for may years. It may not be pretty, but it works!

I use ASA to reset my time to my pc every morning @ 3 am. I have to leave my computer on and ASA running, but NOT LOGGED INTO THE DEFINITY. Just up and running.

Go into System/Fault & Performance/Time Synchronization

Follow the prompts to schedule the sync. You can even offset the time if needed.

Then download softnik technologies Time Synchronizer v2

It syncs to a public atomic time server....

Run these two and you should be all sync'd up.

In the future everything will work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back