Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clock shown with E1 Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTovar

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2001
MX
Hi again:

I think I just forgot it, but is it true that the clock shown on the title bar using the E1 module of Snifferbook depends on the number of time slots selected with a Fractional E1 encapsulation ? does it matter if the module is already connected to the E1 ?

i have an E1 interface and I can establish the connection to the Snifferbook, but can't get any clock.

thanks for your comments :)

Hi Alex,
What a damm awkward question!
I believe it does depend on the time slot encapsulation. Within the Tools, Options Menu of the GUI, there should be a WAN tab. In there I think is an option to change the encapsulation type, and hence show the clock speed.
Not the greatest answer I know, but might help.
Alf

Alf:
if I remember well, when I connect to the RS/V module I won't get any clock until I connect the V.35 interface because clock signal travels over one of the pins of the winchester connector, and "Clocks Absent" message appears on the title bar;
With E1 interface is different, I could select, e.g. timeslots 2 and 3 ( 128 Kbps ) using frame Relay, without connecting BNC to the E1, could I see "128 Kbps" on the title bar ? or is it mandatory to connect the BNCs to the E1 ?

I have 2 E1 modules and both shows "Clock Absent" message on the GUI title bar, is that a kind of malfunctioning interface signal ?

Yours Alex.

Alex,
I'm fairly sure that fractional E1 is not supported but I will check and get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back