Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clock Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexterdoo

Technical User
Jul 19, 2003
US
I have an IBM Netvista 42u desktop with a system clock problem. When you shut the computer down the clock also stops. Power up and the clock starts again right where it left off! So far I've installed a brand new cmos battery and flashed it with the latest bios. Still,no change. I've searched for many hours but can't get a handle on this problem. I'm truly stumped......???

Have you tried resetting everything to default (or safe settings) in the BIOS and then going back in and making the customizations you want?

Yes, I did.... I'll try it again now though and post the results.

Is that the time according to the BIOS or the time according to Windows or BOTH??

Both!

At any rate, Your suggestion worked! I reset everything in the bios again but this time I actually had to remove the battery AND UNPLUG the power cord in order for the bios clock to reset! Just using the jumper and even removing the battery would not reset time/date??? Weird! Well thanks for the brain power. All is well now..... :O)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back