Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clock aheads itself 20-30 minutes by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma256

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2002
US
Does anyone know a reason why would a clock ahead itself by 20 minutes or so. Fresh installation of win2k professional. Thanks

If you're in a domain, the W2K Pro client will synch up with the DC clock.

Hi Lander,
I checked the registry for w32time and it looks fine. I compared with 3 other pc's as well. They are all in the same domain. Prolly will check the battery on the pc but I do not see how that will affect the time by going fast.

If there is a login script that is being run when you login to the network, it's possible that they are forcing synchronization with the Server clock.

W2K only checks the hardware clock when it boots, then *never* looks at it again. If the time is correct when you reboot, the hardware clock and battery are fine (unless, as someone else pointed out, you are getting the time at bootup from another server on your domain which is wrong).

You're not by any chance running an application called Auction Tamer, are you? It was causing those exact problems on my machine, and I finally gave up and stopped running it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back