Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clipper stored "Images"

Status
Not open for further replies.

whammond

Programmer
Aug 5, 2003
US
I'm a Foxpro Developer and I need to extract data from a legacy application that stores images of Invoices and other history in a field labled IMAGE containing ascii characters. These are not memo fields.

I am not familiar with this technique. Is it something built into Clipper? Is it a 3rd Part Tool?
I'd like to know what I need to "read" or convert this into a more standard format (text).

is the legacy app written using btrieve? it sounds like they would be using blobs. i would guess you would need some utility to convert blobs to memos. i know there are utilities to convert btrieve to dbf. might work. if it is anything like this, you may find something useful on

hth
owen

Owen -

Thanks,

Turns out this is a Clipper application using a 3rd party tool called Flexfile. Now I either have to buy the tools or find someone who has them and can do the extraction.

I have FlexFile lib and use it with Clipper.

If you still need help, contact me at circes9@excite.com

I also have Flexfile 2 and have used it in Clipper 5.2x applications for the past 11 years.
If you need any assistance, you can cntact me at sboomer@mindspring.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back