Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clipper internal error 8002 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucciolino

Programmer
Jun 26, 2000
IT
How to solve this problem under w.95 during an index operation.<br>I already use the optedit myapp.exe -extramin 4096, but it doesn't work.<br>Sorry for my english I write from Italy.<br>Thanks

It happened to my many times also in accessing and organizing huge arrays, and the problem reside always,<br>I think its a bug in the clipper compiler, God help you<br>finding <font color=red>more</font>

Hi

The optedit doesnt seem to work on w98 w95 but it does work on w2000 (...if upgrading is an option).

I don't remember what this error is. (in fact, many errors are undocumented) But remember:
INTERNAL ERRORS JUST ALWAYS RELAY IN ENVIRONMENT MANAGMENT.

- under Winx, or DOS you must make your config.sys file run with the lines: files=100, buffers=20, and in the autoexec file add the line: &quot;set clipper=F100&quot;

- under Win ME (he doesn't look at config and autoexec) you must add the following line as the begining line under the [enh386] section of the system.ini file in Windows directory:

PerVmFiles = 100

if this not solves your problem, then , you are in a hardware / software problem. Claim for help.

hope this help. regards.

Please try increasing the memory size specified with extramin option. This helped me in one with this problem with one of my client.

Best things to avoid this kind of problem is switch to DBFCDX driver. This driver creates compact indexes, which takes less time to create index files and the size is also reduced fantastically.

Another advantage is for memo files, here the size is reduced largely. The dbt file would shrink upto 60-70%.

ketan patel.

optedit IS a solution, but You have to delete the old index-files before reindexing!

greetings, Andy

Maybe 4096 is too small.
Try something higher.

I use

optedit myapp.exe extramin -20000

in some cases, with succes.
Try to find the right figure.

Frandal,
maybe it's too much.
I use:

optedit myapp.exe -extramin 2048

In all cases (win95,98,me) with success.

Who knows......:0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back