Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clipper DOS Calls on Windows 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Am having a problem writing to a floppy drive from Clipper 5 under Windows 2000. The DOS Call used is not recognised by Windows 2000. Are there alternative calls I can use ?

What is the DOS command being called ? It is possible that the Exe file is not part of Windows 2000.
The actual call from Clipper to DOS should work OK with either the Run command or Blinkers' SwpRumCmd

What exactly are you trying to do?
Are you trying to append to a file located on the A: drive?
Are you trying to copy or create a file on it?
Did your code work properly on pc's with operating systems other than Win2000?
What linker are you using?
Good luck

I ran into a similar problem with DOS calls in windows 2000. The solution I found was to change my commands from RUN Start /w GETPRINTER
to
RUN cmd /c GETPRINTER
The Run start caused windows to wait for the other program to return control before continueing on. The Run Cmd performs a similar function in Windows 2000. GETPRINTER is the .EXE. I use this command with various EXE's including both DOS and Windows programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back