Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clipboard not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cspgsl

Technical User
Apr 5, 2002
CA
This might not be the right place for this but I don't know where else to go. (Office 2000 on XP Pro)
I'm working in FrontPage 98 with a document saved as "page.htm" I highlight text and Crtl | C to copy, go to Word and Crtl | V to paste. I get the hour glass for a second or so and nothing copies to the Word doc. Copying from Word to Word works fine.
I can copy images from the same page to Word and text from a webpage in IE to Word but not text from FP.
Anyone have a clue?
Thanks,

On one page in FP I can right click and choose copy. It won't paste to Word or anywhere else for that matter. On another page, copy is greyed out on right click menu.
OS & Office are up to date. It was working on Friday.

I can copy off the website, just not off the page in FP. As for the D&R, I see it when I click on help. I will check to see if there is something not installed.

I have reinstalled FP and still don't see the D&R. What am I missing? (FP98)

No, no luck. I think the next thing is to uninstall and reinstall it. Fortunately it wasn’t a big website so I copied and pasted from the online copy. I now have moved on to another problem.
What I am trying to create is a website with an index page that allows the user to access either an English or a Spanish version. I created two sites that are the same and have tried a couple of things.
I tried to create a sub web to the original web in FP by choosing file | new | FP web and checking the Add to Current Web box. This created a new web but when I opened a page in English it had the Spanish borders. In FP Explorer I could see the Spanish files but not the English pages.
I went to Windows Explorer and did some shuffling and created a root web with two separate files. One titled “eng” and one “sp”. I then copied the appropriate files into the appropriate folders including the correct border files for each language. Now I can access the separate language pages from the index page and the content is correct but the pages open without the border files (in either language).
Am I making sense here?
Thanks,

Well it makes sense but it could possibly also be a problem with FP98 & you are using FP 2002 extensions more than likely. There is supposed to be backwards compatibility, but you might run into problems. Instead of using shared borders, have you thought of using SSI (server side includes). SSI is the same thing but a bit more stable.

Now we are a little out of my depth but the good news is I can learn.
1. When you say "using FP 2002 extensions" how would this happen. What would I have done to facilitate this?
2. Can you point me to a good explanation of SSI?
Thanks

Well it would be your webhost. Hosting companies keep the extensions up to date. They usually assume after 6 months to a year when a release is done - they will update. Some update the extensions almost immediately.

Two great resources for SSI:

This will take a bit of studying. I'll report back when I have tried it. Thanks

SSI and I aren't getting along. I can't seem to either grasp it. I created a page at and include 2 nav buttons in the right table (view source) but nothing shows up. I must really be missing the boat here.
Help please.

Hm, well first make sure that is going to a file named something like index.shtml - & then the file you are including can be HTML - it does not have to be SHTML. And actually I would name it HTML.

Also change:
Code:
<1-#include file=&quot;border.shtml&quot;>
to
Code:
<!-#include file=&quot;border.shtml&quot;>

Sorry. I'm really out to lunch here. I changed index.html to .shtml and made the other change you suggested and i still get a blank page. If you go to the website you will see. I am grateful for your assistance but I feel as thick as 2 short planks right about now. I'm not normally this slow to catch on but...

Hallelujah, success. See, if you beat me over the head enough it finally clicks.
I shall now try this with the real website
Thank you, Thank you

Now if I could only figure out how to make sub webs work. That is for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back