Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

clipboard empty 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

helengordon

Technical User
Jun 26, 2002
GB
When I copy something, I can't get it from the clipboard unless the programme in which I want to paste was open before I did the copying. eg: If I copy something from IE in order to paste into Word 2000, there will be nothing on the clipboard in Word 2000 unless the programme was already open before I did the copying. It seems to be the case for all programmes. I don't have Office 2000, just Word 2000, Works 6, windows xp. It works ok is the programme was open before I copied.
Word is often telling me with regret -nice of it to be regretful :) - that it has to close due to an error... I have reinstalled, but I am thinking this is a windows xp problem.
ANy help appreciated! Thanks.
Helen

Thanks linney!
The problem was more extensive than that outlined in the article... Note: <b>was</b> ! The solution worked perfectly.
so it isn't ann xp issue. I'm inclined to think everything is at the moment. I hope more folk will benefit from your tip even though it isn't in such an appropriate place. Thanks again.
Helen

Thanks linney!
The problem was more extensive than that outlined in the article... Note: was ! The solution worked perfectly.
so it isn't ann xp issue. I'm inclined to think everything is at the moment. I hope more folk will benefit from your tip even though my query wasn't in the most appropriate place. Thanks again.
Helen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back