Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clients wants 5th call to play busy signal on PRI with AA/VMpro

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedphone

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2010
US
Its a complicated one

IPO 500 R9.1 with VMPro
PRI with 8 Voice Channels
Full AutoAttendant

Client wants ONLY 4 calls to a particular DID to be answered in the office at anytime - 5th call to play busy to a particular DID with rings to AA - so i have to figure out a way to make the 5th call to a particular DID go to mailbox that answers on NO RING nad plays a greeting that is a recording of a busy signal - i think

unless someone has a better idea

You can actually accomplish this without playing a recording. Let the IP Office do the work. Send it to a hunt group without voicemail and queuing enabled. Adjust the Queue Length to match the number of calls. Once the length is met, they get a busy signal.

You could also change the inbound PRI group numbers so that only 5 are including for inbound calling. take the last 3 PRI channels and put them in another inbound group that doesn't exist. You'll just need to check with your PRI provider to make sure they are hunting in ascending order for new calls (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8) versus descending starting with channel 8.

This may sound like a dumb question, but...why do they want to do this?

they are lazy? they have a 4 line copper hunt group that plays busy to the 5th caller - they want to emulate that

playing busy and going to a AA are two different things?

If you're running VM pro, you might be able to use a test variable to test for QPOS, compare to a number, then route on the result.

I don't think you can do both at once.

Without VM pro, I don't think you can achieve this behaviour (even just busy) on a single DID without affecting the entire PRI (all numbers).

GB

VMPro will work, if you allow for 1 caller to stay queued.
(you always get Queue Pos 1 or higher when in an announcement for a HG)

Anyway, this would still suck since the caller first hears ringing, then a click, and then busy tone - like someone just cut you off.

Kind regards

Gunnar
_______
B.U.B.F

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back