Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clients Not Seen in SSC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpiller

Instructor
Jun 11, 2003
US
Hey Everyone,

Just a minor problem with Symantec System Center...I can't see the clients in order to add them to the client group for protection? I have tried copying the grc.dat file to the client machine and that doesn't seem to do the trick, so does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Jim P.

Make sure that the server has a static IP address and that the address is correctly inputted into the grc.dat file. Browse your registry (regedit) and go to the key HKLM\Software\Landesk\Virusprotect6\currentversion\ addressCache\<server-name>. Look under Address_0 and count 16 values over. Translate this to decimal format using a hex-translator ( This should match the ip address of your server. Feel free to email me if you need help with this process. gfender@htshq.com

You can also generate a text file of host names and or IP address to roll out to, that you can import for roll outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back