Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clients Not Finding WSUS After Move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2004
US
I had WSUS installed and working fine on a Windows 2000 server box at our main location and we just recently upgraded and replaced the 2000 box with a windows 2003 server box.

Of course I had group policy pointing to the old server and the new one has a new name so I went into group policy and changed that but the clients still aren't contacted the WSUS server.

It's working fine because I can sychronize updates etc but the area where computers are added is still empty.

Any suggestions?

Well I figured out is was a group policy issues but I still have some stations that aren't communicating with the WSUS server while the rest are. Any suggestions on how to force them to connect?

Run a GPUPDATE to refresh the policy and then to force them to check in do wuauclt /detectnow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back