Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clients cannot access Citrix across local subnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Info:
Win2k Server
Metaframe XPe
FR2/SP2

I built the system last week. All users were able to access the farm. The server is on the main network 10.10.1.0. The clients are on the subnet 10.10.3.0

All clients were able to access the farm and published applications as of Friday 9/20/02. As of Monday 9/23/02 only users on the subnet the farm resides on are able to connect. The 10.10.3.0 users arent able to access the server, even with administration credentials, I cannot access the server from the workstations. I can ping the server by name or IP address from 10.10.3.0 subnet.

I considered re-activating licensing, but I'm not sure that's the issue.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
Jerrod Toole
JToole@Pilbal.com

what is the exact error message that you are receiving as the client? Even if the licenses were the problem, as administrator you'd be able to get one connection. Something changed over the weekend, you just have to figure out what it was. :)

it's the infamous 1030 error: Cannot connect to Citrix server. Although after spending the afternoon with the issue I have managed to get one single workstation on the .3 subnet to connectwith the user or admin login. I still cannot get the others to work, very strange.

Okay, before you relicense, run clicense in_use_by to see if you have the licenses really...

Can you do a netmon trace from the client to the server to see where it fails?

citrix spans subnets, so this is interesting. I don't think it's a licensing issue...let me know what the trace shows as the failing point.

the server isn't multi-homed is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back