Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client VPN to AS/400 through Symantec Velociraptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glockguy

IS-IT--Management
May 5, 2003
US
Everything's working great with my new Velociraptor 1100 EXCEPT... When I establish a connection through a VPN client I can't ping or telenet to my AS/400. Ping and telenet are both enabled and I think I've got the rules set up correctly. I can ping all the other address's on our subnet but when I try the AS/400 it times out. Any idea's?

Well, I am not sure what just happened to my previous post to this. I will give it another try.

You have given us nothing to work with. By default the firewall's VPN does not apply to the Firewall rules. So, did you pass the traffic to the proxies? If not, then it is most likely a network configuration (Your default gateway is set wrong.) Secondly, what does the log file say? If you have passed it to the proxies, and the rule does apply but it is not working, then it would be logging it. ???

Lastly, there is a great tool at your disposal for troublshooting. It is called TCPDUMP... Use it get some dumps, and watch what happens to the traffic.

(My gut reaction would be you are not applying it to the proxy, cause you did not set that in the tunnel, and your default gateway is not set correctly on the OS/400.) Since you have not given any information, that is a guess.. Post back when you have some more info to troubleshoot with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back