Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client Trust Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2023
US
Hi all,

I'm having an issue with new server 5.7 all workstations having Client Trust Failure.

When I was CALing terminals I've activated Discovery Mode and network is working fine.

I'm running WinServer 2016 and Micros 5.7.0000.4800, I've read that there is an issue and it's need to be patched but when I'm trying to patch with res_57_MR4 the system crashing at:

5/3/2023 4:26:54 PM Shutting down KDSDisplay
5/3/2023 4:26:55 PM Finished ShutdownApplication.vbs
16:26:55.04 "Shutting down LicManager"
5/3/2023 4:26:55 PM Shutting down LicManager
5/3/2023 4:26:55 PM Finished ShutdownApplication.vbs
16:26:55.27 "Shutting down LM"

Please help.

Thank you

Hope the Details Help to delete the cert on the workstations.

Installing the Patch

Instructions:

1. Copy the patch to a temp folder on your RES Server.
2. Close ALL running MICROS applications, except MICROS Control Panel.
3. In the MICROS Control Panel, set the Restaurant to OFF.
4. Close the MICROS Control Panel
5. Double-click the patch file in the temp folder to execute the patch.
6. The RES Server will reboot.

If you are upgrading from version 5.7.6.4 or higher, with all of your clients already trusted, then you may skip step 7.

7. Put the server in Discovery Mode: (Discovery Mode duration must be long enough for all clients to complete the CAL process.)
a. A privileged user can log in to Database Manager| Encryption Keys |Activate Discovery Mode

b. Command line option: dm.exe –UID x –PWD y –DS z x = userid, y = password, z = duration of Discovery Mode, in minutes, up to 60, 0 means turn it off

8. CAL will update and reboot all clients.
9. All clients will perform a one-time registration with the server, and then proceed past “Wait for MDSHosts File”.
10. Once all clients have registered with the server, an additional reboot of all clients is needed to ensure that each client has up-to-date trust information for all other clients (this is needed for
printing and other peer-to-peer communication).

This patch creates a log file located here: .\Windows\MicrosHotfixPatch.log

This patch creates the following registry entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\MICROS\NovaFix\RES_57_MR8
Within this key, a value named ‘Installed Date’ is created. The data for this value will be the date the patch was installed.

After upgrading to RES 5.7.6 or higher:

1. RDC devices running CE 5.0 will no longer respond to a remote reboot request
2. When adding a new/replacement client, steps 7 & 9 must be repeated
3. If you need to replace your RES Server, you will need to:
a. At each Windows (Win32) client, delete the folder: .\MICROS\common\Cert
b. At all other clients (except RDC CE 5.0): delete the folder: .\MICROS\Cert
c. Repeat steps 6-9 from above

Hi POSKitchen,

Thank you so much for the great detailed instruction. I've seen in in another post but my problem is I don't have a RES_57_MR8 patch or I didn't get something from the instruction?

My current version is 5.7.0000.4800 and I have the following patches RES_57_MR4, RES_57_MR5, RES_57_MR6 and RES_57_MR6_HF3 but when I'm trying to install MR4 the system is crashing.

I've read somewhere it might happen because I need to install previous patches.

Is it possible you can share with me patches I'm missing @ eric.t@marivanna.onmicrosoft.com ?

Thank you for your response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back