Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client software times out when connecting to Term. Server 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2001
US
Recently installed NT 4.0 Terminal Server. Clients run fine across LAN. RAS is active on the server for dialup connections and successful dialin connections can be made to the server. Once connected and the client connection software is activated it attempts to locate the server, times out and states the server cannot be found. Any ideas?

It sounds to me like a connection problem. The DUN user is possibly on a slow line. Try Raising the TCP retransmitting setting in the registry.

We tried to locate the TCP retransmitting setting in the registry but cannot find it. Anymore details on changing the retransmiting setting?

Although the parameters you have identified are useful to adjust in this circumstance, AliciaPet, I believe the one to which you were originally referring is TCPMaxDataRetransmissions. This key does not exist by default, and must be entered as a DWORD. Refer to Microsoft's articles Q120642 and Q170359 for more information.

This key, above all others, is the one that both Microsoft and Citrix recommend implementing in WAN/Dialup connectivity issues.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for verifying that for me CitrixEngineer. I am only a student working towards adegree, and looked this invormation up on the Web.

CitrixEngineer & AliciaPet: That did it. Thank You

AliciaPet; I look up loads of information on the web - and I'm not a student anymore #-)

EJ; You're very welcome - glad I/we could help.

CitrixEngineer, about another 6 months and 1 class to go and I will be done with school too...

Hopefully, I will be able to find a job as well...

As long as you've got the interest and the desire to learn more about your subject, you will succeed. The IT market needs people who really _know_ their stuff, and, I believe, people who really _enjoy_ the job.

Good Luck :)

Well CitrixEngineer,

I blieve I have both, the desire to learn and that I really know my stuff, to some degree anyways.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back