Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client soft app for using proxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noip

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2002
MU
Hi,

I have setup a small network and 1 of the computers use dialup to access the Net. I have searched for small free proxy soft that I can install on that comp to allow internet access to the other PCs as well.

I have tried one - Analog, that can handle http,pop3 request.. etc.. but the fact is that how do I tell the email client specially OE to use the proxy?

In ISA, I know that you install the ISA client soft on the client computers and that's all. You don't have to tell each app which proxy to use. But when you don't have a client soft, you should specify the proxy for each app. Isn't it?

Thanx for any input

Hi, you can simply configure the "sharing Internet Connection" on your Dial-Up computer... follow the wizard instruction.

On the client you do not make any changes except the ip configuration!

Tell me later.
bye
Darpet

If your are using outlook express 6.0 you can specify a proxy address and port. Goto tools, Options, connections tab, then click change and enter the proxy under lans settings.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back