Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client script, Activex value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cctrow

Programmer
Aug 7, 2001
US
I have an activex control that has a single textbox in it with some input masking code. Is there any way to embed this object into HTML, then once the user inputs the data into the control's textbox and presses the HTML submit button, to pull the value of that textbox and pass it into the next page?

Yes: you can set up a public variable and put the modified text there. Then, you can access it however your want.

Well, the entire purpose was to avoid using javascript to pull the value from the box since in this case there would have been 40 - 50 of these embedded textboxes. It's been a very long time since I solved the problem, but I remember after using a tech support call into Microsoft they solved the issue several days later by having me check a checkbox of some sort. The activeX control can be given a default value(I don't remember exactly how to set it up anymore) but when it is given a default value, that value will then automatically be passed via the HTML form just as the HTML textboxes behave.

You don't see much call for this anymore. Surprises me actually. Here's a step-by-step:

Open the project.

Select (open) the control's designer window, not the code window for the control. Make sure it is selected (click the title bar).

VB IDE menu: Tools | Procedure Attributes...

The dialog opens, click on the Advanced button.

In the "Name" dropdown, select the property you want as the default property.

In the "Procedure ID" dropdown (requires Advanced mode), select the value (Default).

Click Apply and Ok buttons.

Build your project.

Those are the essentials. Hope that's what you needed. Be sure to assign instances of your controls a
Code:
name
atribute value like with IE's intrinsic form controls (elements).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back