Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client Request Log access

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBITservices

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2015
US
Not sure if this is possible, but I thought I would come here and ask the true experts!

My client wants to use a contact closure to secure the server room and wants to know if the IPO can handle this? Easy right, yes it can just put a electic strick in the door and mount an analog door phone by the door, but there is a catch which I am not sure if the IPO can do.

For HIPPA requirement, the IPO must log who goes in the server room.

I figured give everyone a different pass code, let the Voicemail pro do the authentication and open the door. But can the IPO log each user with date and time stamp? It does not have to be fancy, just show the HIPPA police that he can see some sort of log, even if it takes him 30 mins to retrieve from some buried text file.

As always THANKS,

Mike

Xima Chronicall can provide the cradle to grave recording you are after.
It will show any buttons pressed, time, duration of the call and any other events.
Hell, you could even record the call and make the person speak their name through vmpro.

In case of fire do not use lift.

Try a fire extinguisher.

If you're going to go through voicemail pro, then yeah, you could store that into a sql db (granted you're on windows and have appropriate licensing or version), or even easier, send an email with the code/date/time to some email box for storage or something...or heck why not both.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Thank you both. AACon suggested something I would like to try. I will fool around with sending an email idea. Not I have to figure out how to do it!

Thanks,
Mike

Xima also has a free trial. Not many don't buy once they try.

In case of fire do not use lift.

Try a fire extinguisher.

Is the IPO/VM Pro in the server room?
What happens if that is down?

There are perfectly good solutions for this so I wouldn't recreate the wheel on this one.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Mike, have you upgraded to 9.1 yet? If so, you have the licenses needed for database collection.

IIRC you had some issues with the contact closure before, I guess that has been fixed now:)

If you go for the DB, you can even grant/deny access based on time/day/calendar, and log everything.
(Stop intern from snooping around after hours, etc)

Kind regards

Gunnar
_______
B.U.B.F

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Sorry for the delay everyone.

janni78, There will still be a normal key that can open the door, but yes the server room will house the IPO. I am sure they will keep the key on top of the door phone. I am trying to find that perfect solution so I don't have to recreate the wheel. I am a lazy person at heart (at least my pay check thinks I'm lazy).

Gunnaro, Yes I did get the contact closure over the SCN working with your help. I ended up reloading both IPOs and upgrading them to 9.1, now everything is good. Now going with the DB and having time/date access control seems a little excessive, but I like it!! I many fool around with that, it will be a good learning experience for me.

holdmusic34, thanks for the suggestion! I will look into it. I might need them for other projects as well!

Thanks again everyone!!

Mike

You can't really put in too much security :)

Kind regards

Gunnar
_______
B.U.B.F

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Use the SMDR log, find a free data collector program and collect all SMDR data.
You can open the data with excel and build a filter for only those calls made by that analog station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back