Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

client login...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdubz

Technical User
Apr 28, 2002
hello all...
a new client wants a website that allows anyone to view the main pages, but in the navigation bar, has a "client login" (using a password) to then reach a section that allows them to view only pages that specific client can see, where as other clients won't have access to that page.

as much info is appreciated.

thanks in advance,
jw

thanks, jillc and everyone else! will let you know how it goes.
best,
jw

snoopy,
I am also trying to do the same thing. I was following your instructions for first creating a database, and then going to the server behaviors tab...etc. I am having trouble location the server behaviors tab. Can you be more specific?

Thanks a bunch!

F1 - Contents tab
"preparing to build dynamic site"

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Window>Server behaviours or Ctrl F9

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

i am doing the same thing i am new to dreamweaver i am used to old html. i have little knowledge with DW. the admin at my work is running iis5 wn2k. i need to create a user login list with pswrds. he is using SQL i believe. i am clueless and how to do this

Go to the Help>Using Dreamweaver>Index>type login and select login pages. You will find a very comprehensive tutorial on how this can be achieved. If you have problems with the tutorial let us know and we can maybe explain what is going wrong.

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back