Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client installation (what&how)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotar

Programmer
Jan 9, 2001
SI
Hi,
I developed some MTS components and also ActiveX (ocx user interface -UI) component for use in IE. My goal is to use MTS objects (late binding) inside UI ocx.

I want to use late - binding because I want to have clients without any installation(TLB,...).

Clints will get UI when typing some address in IE (e.g. "//testUI").

I also want to use "anonymuous" client account to access MTS objects. Is this possible?

What do I have to do, that anyone (intranet) could use MTS objects inside UI ocx (IE) with "anonymuous" account?

If I type some address into IE, what do I have to do to logon on NT domain(if this is requested to enable using MTS components)?

May times I get error "Interface not supported!" I thin, this is because of security problems.

Thanks,
Frenk

>>I also want to use "anonymuous" client account to access MTS objects. Is this possible?
>>What do I have to do, that anyone (intranet) could use MTS objects inside UI ocx (IE) with "anonymuous" account?

You donot need any special account but NT domain account to access MTS objects. So user must login NT domain and if permitted he/she can access MTS objects.

>>May times I get error "Interface not supported!" I thin, this is because of security problems.
It is not because of security problems but the components were not registered on client.I suggest you to register them and try again.

Hope this helps you!

zallen@cmmail.com
Long live of freedom!

How can I login to NT domain through IE (activeX component, made in Delphi)?

I also want to use "anonymous" account for all MTS (NT domain) users.

Is this possible?

>>How can I login to NT domain through IE (activeX component, made in Delphi)?

If you use MTS in intranet then you donot need to care about it. Because you only need to login to NT domain when you use your client window box.
So i assume you want to access MTS in internet.If it is true then i think you will change your way.
If you must do it you will use TSocketConnection,TWebConnection instead of TDCOMConnection.But you will lose MTS security.

>>I also want to use "anonymous" account for all MTS (NT domain) users.Is this possible?

As i describe above this is possible.You can get information from TWebConnection's online help.

Maybe i cannot make it clear.Hope we can get other hacker's help .

Regards! zallen@cmmail.com
Long live of freedom!

You were right, I need internet user.
And then, I don't need MTS security (for me, it is OK). Is there any way to use mts objects without loosing any of other security (file, sql server, IIS) as login to IIS as "anonymous" user?

Is there any way to have DCOM connection to MTS without login to NT domain? Or can I login to NT domain through my OCX directly (without knowledge from ocx user - solution could be, that I make some account with constant user nameand pwd and logon to domain when ocx is activated; user will never know what uname/pwd is used, because this can be managed inside ocx)?

Any idea?

Frenk

>>Is there any way to use mts objects without loosing any of other security (file, sql server, IIS) as login to IIS as "anonymous" user?

These nay be determined by connection method.In Delphi i suggest you delve into TWebConnection and TSocketConnection to get more information.I think you must implement those security by yourself!

Sorry i have no much experienc about using MTS in such a way.So hope other guys can help you :(
zallen@cmmail.com
Long live of freedom!

hello

WE HAVE CREATED THE bUSSINESS M ODEL IN VB AND NOW I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO DEPLOY THE MICROSOFT TRANSACTION SERVER

cAN YOU GIVWE ME THE IDEA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back