Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client installation problem... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmartin007

Technical User
Jun 8, 2001
GB
App: Secure Remote SP4 3DES

A user tried to install Secure Remote on their laptop but cancelled the process half way through. Now when I try to install Secure Remote I get the error messgae 'Setup has found that Firewall-1 is installed on this computer. Please uninstall it before installing SecureRemote'.

I'd love too! Trouble is it hasn't been fully installed so there's no way of removing it (not in Add/Remove programs etc). It does not exist in Program Files either. I presume it's refeered to in the registry but I'm not sure what to delete.

Any help greatly appreciated (as long as it doesn't invlove the word 'format')!!! Ó¿Õ¬

Hi!

It happened the same here. I started the installation on a WindowsXP box, but interrupted it half the way (the OS warns about product certification). Now I cant reinstall (the same message as the former post) nor uninstall it (there's no installation at all). Only thing I've been able to do was edit the network settings and manually remove the client (Control Panel->Network settings->Edit the connection). Even after that, Im not allowed to make a new installation.

If you downloaded the configurable installation of SecuRemote, you'll be able to extract the files to a folder prior to installation. There's an exe there called "reinstall.exe" which it is supposed to reinstall the driver. I havent checked that out in my PC. One more thing you can try is to manually add the network client using Network Settings in Control Panel and entering the folder where you unzipped the SecuRemote installation files , when prompted to do so by the OS. This latter doesnt work in XP though.

More ideas?
Good luck!

Even easier! Use regedit and do search for FW1, then deleted every key you find with that string. I've tried it and it works. Now I can install again SecuRemote.

Hope it works there too!
Regards.

Thanks jcarlos. Worked first time.

Oh happy days!! Ó¿Õ¬

Has anyone got checkpoint secure remote 4.1sp5 +strong
working with Microsoft XP.
I can install the secure-remote app no problem. I can get an update from the firewall im connecting to. But no prompt for a user name and password appears. And I have no VPN funtionality.
Ive checked the users.c file and this has the correct info and hasnt been corrupted
Anyone else experienced this problem or have any bright ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back