Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

client install crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookouri

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2000
US
Im trying to install the 8.1.7 client on a p4 machine. I renamed the simjit.dll, but the oracle client will not install... running setup.exe or the autorun.exe on the client I get an hour glass for a few seconds then nothing happens.

I tried installing the client from the oracle enterprise 8.1.7 files and I get an error and the net8 install crashes the install...

what do i have to do to get the 8.1.7 client to install?

thanks

Check out faq186-1124 SOL
The best thing about banging your head against a wall is when you stop.

Yes, Ive tried the symjit.dll rename, I copied the client onto my machine and tried the install as in all the instructions Ive been able to find ref the problem but nothing seems to make any difference. On other machines Ive had the simjit.dll rename work, but not on this machine. Ive uninstalled all the oracle products and am working from a clean machine, but the install just refuses to work, no matter if I run from the setup.exe, the autorun, or orainst, i get a blank screen from all but the autorun which will give me the oracle installer splash screen, but from the splash screen the install still will not go any further...

Don't know what further to suggest then. Sorry! SOL
The best thing about banging your head against a wall is when you stop.

Replace the JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS line in oraparam.ini to

JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS=-nojit -ms16m -mx32m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back