Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client disconnections 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2005
US
I just put a new MPS 4 server online. In a remote office 3 users are compaining about dropped/disconnected sessions. All are using The 9.0 client. How would I go about troubleshooting this? There is nothing in the server event logs. Any pointers appreciated.

Peter Hotchkiss

1. At the remote office, what is the total number of users and what OS do the computers have?
2. What is your connection method--dialup, cable, DSL, etc?
3. Do the 3 complaining users lose access to the Internet at the same time they are disconnection from Citrix, or are they only disconnecting from the Citrix session?

Three computers in the remote office, XP I believe. (I don't manage the pc's)

DSL connection.

I beleive they are only disconnected from Citrix, they did not have this problem with our old Citrix 1.8 server and older clients.

In our case this turned out to be because the screen saver on our Windows 2003 server was set to come on after only 10 minutes. We were able to change this from within users' sessions.

Thanks.

We tried 2 scenarios with screen savers. We had it set for a password protected screen saver originally. Some users we turned off the screen saver totally and few other we turned off the password protection only.

Turning it off completely it seems was the answer. We had also made changes to the "keep alive" settings at the same time so I wasn't sure what the fix was but the problem has gone away. Thanks for the confirmation that removing the SS worked for you also.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back