Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client Computer cannot access Internet through Host ICS computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonofshirt

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2002
US
I've done everything I can think of. Set the ICS gateway as such in the firewall setting in ZA Pro. Local IP address is configured. I client computer's IP address as a trusted zone. I shutdown ZA Pro, it works fine. But, if I have ZA Pro running with both internet security and trusted zone security at off, I STILL can't get to the internet on the client computer. I tried pinging a DNS address from client computer with both Internet and Trusted zones at low and still couldn't pass traffic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm from holland and in Computer Totaal are several articles written. look voor
"internet delen"

For sharing Internet via one (modem) connected PC it is possible to use de sharing utility from BillyG but it sucks.
I've tried it and it needs "special" IPnumbers for your network and DHCP. Your not free to chose your own IP numbers. Standard the server gets this IP 192.168.0.1 Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0

During installation file/internet sharing use ISP (internet sharing protocol) standard. This prot. uses DHCP. Then make the client diskettes for ICS installation. Check the clients for automatic IP number from sserver. DNS must be off and use no gateway. After this check the if the clients become an IP number, the first connecting cleint becomes 192.168.0.2
After this the MS-sharing is OK and then needs Zonealarm to be set to minimum in local area.

Tip:
A router is a better option, lots of routers have build-in firewalls and are easy to install.

Good luck
Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back