Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client and Remote not installing correctly on XP clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCoda10

MIS
Jan 29, 2002
US
After upgrading certain PC on my network to Windows XP they are not being discovered properly. I have them listed in my Systems but the remote tool is not installing correctly on about half of them. Any ideas why this is happening? And how do I go about fixing these systems?

I have a similiar problem, so I'm intested if anyone can enlighten. after upgrading to SP5 I realized i had forgotten to put the SMSCliToknLocalAcct& in the Group Policy to give Administrative Rights to that local account. So on PCs that went through the upgrade, got the new core files, but the local account was not created. in the SMSCLREG.log I'm getting a ComponentInstallCompleteI returned error 5 for component SMS Client Base Components which i'm guessing is an Access Denied message, and the base components don't install

Has anyone found a solution for this as yet? I'm experiencing the same thing.

I've noticed that now they are starting to be discovered it just took awhile for them to show up. There is defineltely something wrong because one machine took over 3 weeks and my discovery processes are nowhere near that amount.

I've found that if I'm logged on as an account with local admin rights, SMS discovers the PC. I think it's because the SMSCliToknLocalAcct& account is not a local administrator. Is there anyway of remotely adding this account to the local admins group? (Probably a question for another forum.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back