Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client Agent empty buffer event

Status
Not open for further replies.

hzovko

MIS
Jun 20, 2001
US
Have ARCserve 2000. Intermittently my backups fail when backing up a server over a 10 MB FNS bridge. When it fails I get "Client Agent empty buffer event" informational message every 5 minutes in the Activity Log. Had same problem when using ARCserve 6.61. Backup job stays running but no further progress is made. ARCserve accepts the stop command but job doesn't stop. When I kill job by stopping asrunjob.exe process I get a Winsock error 10060. The client agent says in its status bar to reboot computer. However when I do this it locks up the drive that was being backed up preventing anyone from accessing it, requiring me to have to reboot the server. I also must remove and reinstall the client agent to be able to back up the target server again. Any ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back