Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client Access express upgrade problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracyw

Technical User
Sep 5, 2000
US
I have done about 75 upgrades from ver. 4.3 to 5.1.With no problems at all, Now I get to 1 pc that is giving me trouble.
It gives me an error message the it won't load PC5250 display emulation because its already there. So when I finish the upgrade and go to Start/programs/Ibm Client access express/ there is no Emulator to choose for me to set up the connection.
I have tried uninstalling CA and reloading. Nothing works.
Is this PC5250 emulation stuck out there somewhere?
How can I get rid of it so I can reload from scratch?

Thank you for your help.

Tracy

I had this problem a few months ago. You have to go into the registry in the IBM software folder and delete any references to the 5250 or communications. Sorry I don't have much detail here, It was a wile ago and I didn't document any of it (DOH!). Anyway, unistall all you won't you have to use regedit to clear off the 5250.

Rich Hill

Got same problem help!!! I have deleted all entries for PC5250 in the registry but it still says its already installed. Has anyone else managed to sucessfully do this? I have searched many forums and found the same answer to delete registry keys but no specific keys are listed to rectify this problem, any help much appreciated.

Does anyone know why Client Access would not be able to locate or identify the Microsoft Data Access Components registry on a Windows XP machine, and therefore install its own, incompatible version. That's the problem I'm having while upgrading my users from Windows 98 to XP.

You should uninstall Client Access for Win98 / NT and after the upgrade you must install Client Access Express, or you'll experience bad MDAC Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back