Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Client Access errors on Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maligkong

MIS
Feb 14, 2002
US
We use Client Access Express v. 4.3 for AS400 access (5250 emulation) on Windows 2000 and XP clients. Many users will get the following error messages when logging on in Windows 2000 (but not in XP):
"PCSWS010 - WorkStation profile: c:\program files\ibm\client access\emulator\private\as400..cannot be found. Do you want to select another?" At this point, no matter which emulator icon I choose, it will not start.

Also, some of them will successfully logon to the AS400, but when they disconnect, they get the message: "cwblmsrv.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows"
I tried giving them admin privileges, but it didn't help.
Any ideas why this happens and what to do about it?

If you haven't fixed this problem yet, I'm wondering if you have looked into doing the following:

Giving modify rights, if not full control, to CAE users of the folder --

C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Emulator\Private.

As you know, this folder contains CAE .WS files, macros, etc. If the user wants to make any changes to these files, they will need to be able to save the changes to this folder.

What is the OS version of your iSeries(AS/400)???? I would recommend getting a newer client, IBM does not support that version, and you must have a least V4R4 for XP..

...oops... too fast.

... thus my reasoning to use at least CAE 5.1 (which does connect to older systems. That is first version to have XP support for CAE.

iSeriesCodePoet
IBM iSeries (AS/400) Programmer
[pc2]
Want to have all your bookmarks in one spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back