Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel25

IS-IT--Management
Dec 31, 2002
I have a PBX where we are removing the leading digit of a 4 digit number and inserting a new digit on the inbound route from the central office. Here is my problem, when a outbound call is placed the number that is sent out is the DN from the PBX with the digit that replaced the leading incoming digit. How do I get the correct number sent for each extension on the PBX?

So, you are recving 5454 from the CO, and you are changing the leading 5 to, say, 3. The call is routed to DN 3454. When the extension dials out, the switch sends 3454 as the clid, because that is the true DN, but you want to send 5454 to the CO. Is that right?

set your clid table to show xxx xxx5 plus the last 3 digits, i haven't tried that but if there is a work around you'll need to modify your didn to reflect the last 3 instead of the last 4

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the replies. 4wem you are correct in your description.

you will have to create a CLID entry for each DN you want to send a different number out on - DIDN = no

if DIDN =yes it will send the 3xxx number that you do not want

An easy way to keep track is use a CLID entry that is = to the last 2 digits of the DN

How many DIDs are you needing to do this with? Depending on the release of software and the size of the switch, there is a limit as to how many CLID tables you can build.

might need to back up and send the main dn or at least just the dept's main dn... i don't know the max clid tables but your creating a ton of problems for future moves and adds

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Once again thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back