Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

clid with 4 and 5 digit extensions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwing

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2007
US
We had an option 11 and 51 but both are now on a single option 61. Both systems had did's in the 2900's on the option 11 it was a XXX prefix where on the 51 it was a YYY. when we combined the systems, we made the XXX prefix numbers 5 digit extensions by prepending a 6 to the extension so what was XXX-2900 became extension 62900 internally. when calling out, the YYY numbers show the correct ANI while the XXX extensions show the full extension number with the XXX prefix as in XXX62900 both with the area code shown but left out here to simplify things. My default (0) entry in the CLID table is as follows
ENTRY 0
HNTN
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL AAAYYY
DIDN YES
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

where AAA is the area code. My question is this, does anyone know of a way to strip the 6 from the dn or just use the last 4 digits of the dn to make the correct ANI display on outbound calls from the XXX extensions?
Right now i have entry 1 set to the following as a work around to show the main number for that range:

ENTRY 1
HNTN
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN NO
HLCL AAAXXX2900
DIDN NO
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

Thanks.

I think you could do HLCL = AAAXX and then DIDN = yes, assuming that 6 is the last digit in your NXX. If it's not, then you'll either have to live with NPANXX2900 as the CLID for all those numbers, or make an individual CLID for each extension in the 629xx range. I don't believe you can strip the 6 from the CLID when it's composed. ~MH~

Matt H. - Field Svc Engineer

thanks, I wish the last digit of the XXX prefex were a 6 but sadly it is not.

Instead of prepending the 2900 range with 6; could you not use the ending number of your NXX as the prepending number on the DN range you're changing to 5-digit?

IE, if your NXX is 505, then the new DN's would be 529xx ??

~MH~

the last digit of the XXX prefix is a 0, kind of messes things up I'm afraid.

I think you're out of luck. 100 CLID entries it is... :( Sorry I couldn't be of more help. ~MH~

Much thanks, they are getting the main number unless they have to have their number show up.

Nortel DOES have a special PI Patch that corrects this issue. The patch is NOT FREE, but will add the functionality you need. The reason it is not free is because the way the system works now is design intent, the CLID compliation is per the spec and the dialplan you have is out of spec for the way dial plan was designed.

In any case, call your Nortel rep and get a quote on MPLR22495. The price may vary depending on how many sites, and how many users. I have seen some situations where this was actually provided FREE, but the vendor ate the cost of the patch due to bad planning of the customer's dialplan on their part.

This was done to address outbound CLID on E911 calls, but works the same for normal calls.

911Guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back