Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID Over PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

proactiv

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2003
US
I have a site where the caller ID only displays after the call is answered. I want to change it so the CLID is presented before the call is answered. Any sugestions?

The line must be set to ring at an extension if you want it to see clid before answering. Under Term&Sets/Telco, make sure CLID=Y for each ringing line.

The stations are set to recieve caller ID, and display number is set on all the phones. I also have individual call logs set. The caller ID will show up but only after you answer the call. If the call doesn't get answered then you will not see who called.

There are two settings 1 for clid is Y and the other is for the lines assigned to the phone Y. they both are under telco.

How are the lines getting to the extensions? Are they programmed A&R under Terminals&Sets, or are you using a Hunt Group?

A&R target lines and two apperances, as I stated earlier I get the caller ID but only after you go off hook and answer the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back