Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID on tie lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

theteltech

Technical User
Oct 19, 2007
A2
Hi, I have found a lot of information here for a while but now have questions.

I have 2 e1 euro tie lines to different places. Now the calling dn (4 digits) goes out both. I want to change one so the dn doesn't go out but instead a company number. The other I want to add 3 digits to the front of the dn. I am working on a cs1000e/t. I want to make changes on t side if possible but don't know if I can without a CLID entry like I have on the e side for each station. I did the change to a company number on an opt. 11 with DID trunks but now I only have tie trunks on my new system and I have the 2 systems, e/t, to work with. I can easily add 3 digits on the e side but can not take out completely the dn and replace with a company number. I am having less luck trying to do everything on the t side. I think maybe I have to change call type maybe but want to ask before I make big changes. Please tell me if it can not be done on the t side. Thank you for help.

let me give this one a try..

not sure as to your def of t1 side.. but i only know one way to do that.. if those calls use a steering code.. ie you do not dial ac1 or ac2 but just a number..

prt the steering code and note the rlb.. then either check to make sure no other number is using that rlb or just add a new rlb with the same route and frl but a new dmi.. prior to adding a dmi you need to new dgt ld 86.. a dgt si a small block that can do either

Code:
DMI  1
DEL  3
INST 5551212
CTYP UKWN

in that case i dial 411 the dgt strips the 411 (3 digits) and sends the 5551212... i did not need a 9+555 because the rlb puts the call on a trunk..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John, I was not very clear with my question. I am not trying to change the called number, but instead the calling number. Right now if my number is 6789 and I call to either distant end across either tie line my DN is sent out. On one I want to send our company number, 555-1234. On the other I want to add a steering code back to me of let us say 222-6789. What I mean to say by the t side is I have a cs1000e and mg1000t. I do not want to change my calling number on the cs1000e. I want the number change to take place on the mg1000t. That way the mg1000t can do my CDR with the same DNs we use in our cs1000e system. On the opt. 11 I could add digits to the CLID table and either have them placed in front of the DN or in place of the DN. Since this call will come from a VTRK into the mg1000t I do not have a CLID table to manipulate with. Also, I do not know for sure if it can be done with CDP or if I need to change the call type. Maybe I have to think of trying to change the trunk type if it is possible. I just took over this new system and it needs a lot of modifications. My next task will be to change the SIGO to ESN or ESN2, but that's going to make a mess of my NRS config. One problem at a time. Thank you again for your time.

Look at the TNB of your phone and on KEY 0 what number is after the DN ie; 0, 1, 2 ect.

Then prt the CLID table to see what they send out.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Hello ace, I am familiar with CLID entries on keys and tables, though maybe I don't know everything that can be done with them. I also monitor what goes out on my d-channels by turning on messaging in LD 96. If I change the calling number on the cs1000e side, which may very well be the only place I can change it, then that number will appear as the calling number for my CDR output off the mg1000t. So, if I change my DN 6789 and everyone else's to 555-1234 as it leaves the cs1000e to go out my first e1, only one number, 555-1234 will get billed for all the calls off the mg1000t. I thought I might be able to change the calling number as it leaves the mg1000t. I'm starting to think it isn't possible at that point. This cs1000e/mg1000t sure adds a bit of difficulty to things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back