Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID on tandem calls outbound to PSTN when calls are forwarded externally

Status
Not open for further replies.

krtcomm1

Technical User
Dec 23, 2009
US
Having issues with calls from tandem PBX's across tie trunks. When pbx-A forwards calls to external number and then receives call from pbx-B the CLID is only showing the internal caller ID 6-digit in our case out the PSTN. Have tried CMDB tables on the incoming route but that displays full 10 digits across the tie trunk, applying the CMDB tables outbound on the PSTN route has no effect.

We are qsig ties and pri DID out

any assistance would help out

thanks

As I understand it, you want to see the original CLID from the phone making the call into the first Nortel system that is then passed over a linked circuit onto the second Nortel system onto an extension that has it's phone on external call forward to a phone off site?.

What release are your two Nortel systems?.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I'm not sure if you will be able to achieve getting the caller's original Calling Line ID passed through two PABX systems?.

I was aware of a prompt in one of the later software releases that allowed it to pass through one system and out to an external destination.

It was in a previous Tek-Tips query around a couple of years ago.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

You have the prompt or info on the query?

Look on previous threads such as thread798-1814326
From March 2022.
This should give you a few options to try.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

We got it nailed down. You have to apply the CMDB table to the RLI on the NPA outbound. We were trying it on the outbound route and had no luck

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back