Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID on M1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEastTech

Vendor
Jul 7, 2004
US
Please help if anyone can!

I have an issue with an opt 11. the LEC changed the LD and moved them into a group. 9 for local and 8 for LD.
it is a PRI.
I had problems with the way someone built the npa's and nxx's so I had to build an entirely new AC2 and when we converted I just took 9 from AC1 and put it on AC2.

the only way calls could complete was by changing the CTYP in the DMI's to UKWN.

calls are processing fine however the CLID is sending the 7 digit local # and the DN of the set. I need to send NPA-NXX-XXXX.

i have 9 as AC2 the NPA's are XXX. the NXX's are 9XXX. i have 2 dmi's for LD(deletes 9 and sends 8) and local (del 0 and adds 9)

any thoughts? the trac show the numbering plan as private. I think that has something to do with this?

ACTIVE TN 001 22
ORIG 006 0 00 14 0 SCR MARP 0 164 2616
TERM 001 22 DID RMBR 5 10
DIAL DN 92636526
MAIN_PM DIAL AUX_PM COMPLETE
TALKSLOT ORIG 16 TERM 16
EES_DATA:
NONE
QUEU NONE
CALL ID 2235 1289

---- ISDN PRA CALL (TERM) ----
CALL REF # = 19480
BEARER CAP = VOICE
HLC =
CALL STATE = 3 OUTGOING
CALLING NO = 524xxxx164 NUM_PLAN:pRIVATE TON:UNKNOWN ESN:UNKNOWN
CALLED NO = 92636526 NUM_PLAN:pRIVATE TON:UNKNOWN ESN:UNKNOWN
PDCA 1 PAD 0 6 PCML MU MU

thanks for the compliment John. I left that company 6 years ago and started my on thing. i still have a good relationship with what is left of the real telephone folks there. so you are thinking since I built ac2 and moved the access code from ac1 (9) to ac2 I should rebuild ac1? I can do that. the reason I set up ac2 was because of the way ac1 was built. there were no NPA's only NXX's and they had an spn of 1 for LD. I will clean up the cdb. it definately has unusual data inserted. if anyone has a chance to think about this.....the way the calls are having to process to the telco...as unknown call type and private numbering plan. what do I need to change or check in cdb, or any other load that would allow the dn to be removed and the 10 digit number inserted. remember they still have 7 digit dialing here in the slow country. should I turn on Monitoring in ld 96? i have never worked with the feature but the documentation looks pretty clear.

nortel4matt: I will check but I think I tried to enter the 10 digits in HLOC and I could only enter 7. I will look at that tomorrow and confirm that along with the rdb prompt you mentioned.

thank you all for the feedback and please reply if you have a thought. i went to nars/bars a long time ago and i am rusty.

Ginger, my solution of putting that entire 10D number in the HLOC field wouldn't work anyway, as it would still append the DN.

While I don't think having these behind AC2 is the issue, it certainly wouldn't hurt to program BARS/NARS correctly and use AC1 as usual. I am pretty sure that you're thought is correct - it is the CTYP. With an UKWN CTYP, the PBX composes it as a private ESN call. We're probably back to asking the telco 1) Why they want UKWN, 2) Why they want the 9 and 8 inserted, 3) What kind of switch do they have, etc.

What release of PBX do you have, and the DCH print would be helpful.

BARS/NARS is pretty easy; you can use to get a list of all currently in-use USA, Canada, and Carribean NPA's. It's surprisingly small. Deny 976 on all of them, usually I have an NCOS level for in-house only, local and TF, then add USA long distance, then international, then 900. You can fit Canada and Caribbean in there wherever you'd like; careful on Caribbean. They aren't subject to the same rules we are on billing...

Ok, no more PBX talk for me for the weekend; hopefully I got out of on-call at work and I need a break. ;)

-Matthew

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer

hello again,

following up on the clid issue

the following things have occurred:

I checked the cdb and confirmed that I did modify ac2 in ld 15 for
ac2 intl npa spn nxx

The dch is set up as NI2. I had the SP change it to DMS 100. when we changed it I could not dial out at all. it was late in the evening so there could have been a programming issue on that end. I am thinking I should ask them to change it back to DMS100 again to test

I rebuilt AC1 to replace AC2 and there was no change.
I amde sure that ac1 refelected the npa,nxx, etc in LD 15

There has to be a way to strip the extension from the clid going out.

I went through ld 15 and I think I have it clean. I compared it to other load 15's in other switches

short of calling Nortel I am stumped....frustrated and confused!

thank you in advance for any feedback

Oh yes I forgot.....I reprogrammed the trunks and routes as COT instead of DID with no change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back