Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID on CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTCINY

Programmer
Feb 25, 2005
US
I have a CICS with a CLID card. I have everything programmed correctly and tested both the system and the card at my lab. The LEC has come in and tested the voltage good at 52 volts and they have a CLID box that is working just fine. Has this ahppened to anyone? How did the LEC or yourself get it resolved.

So the same system works in your lab and at the site it dosen't?

and if they have it working on there device i would say call nortel

If you have a spare system, try that at their location as well, see if it is indeed the system or the LEC's issue.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I have changed the system out and same issue. It was a brand new one also. I also had the LEC put in a new feed from the street directly to the system and still nothing.

Can you hear the clid data between the first and second incoming rings on a butt set? It doesn't sound like a cabling issue. I'm not sure what would happen if the lec sent clid, say, between the second and third rings, but that's the only thing I can think of that might cause this issue.

Make sure there is nothing shared with the line such as an alarm, or disconnect the item for testing.
Could be not enough jam being sent by the Telco.

I had one customer that was unable to see caller id. turned out that they had a modem directly connected to the same line. when we pulled the modem off lline then the CID worked fine. like curly said make sure that you only have the CICS on the line.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back