Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID on a BCM 400 (3.7) with PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurdy2rk

Vendor
Feb 8, 2005
US
I have a BCM 400 running 3.7 software, and the customer frequently forwards their set to their cell phone, as they are frequently out of the office. The customer also has a PRI, coming out of a Siemens switch. Whenever the call (DID number) is forwarded, the CLID information that shows up on the cell phone is the OLI of the set, or the BTN for the PRI if the OLI is not programmed. Is there a way to display the CLID of the original caller (what shows up on the set if it is not forwarded), or this a CO issue? Thanks in advance for any help, as this is a HUGE issue to the customer.

This is normally both a PBX and a CO issue. I know that Mitel PBX's need special software and configuration to allow this. As well, the CO has to be set up to allow any Caller ID from the customer. Normally, we allow only Caller ID numbers in the range of the numbers that the customer owns. If they send a number they don't own, we overwrite it with the main number. Should be easy enough to test. Change Caller ID outbound on a set to something that isn't in your PBX, and see if the CO allows it to pass. If so, you shouldn't have a CO problem. If it doesn't pass, you will need to call and talk with them. The BCM, I don't know the issues involved with that. Good Luck!

One channel in One channel Out. The phone is redirected the call. It will only show either The BTN or the OLI not the caller id of the call.

Tim

If the BCM is a tandem switch ... then the caller information is forwarded down to the next switch.
For example
caller -> PRI -> BCM -> PRI -> Fax server ...the caller id goes to the fax server.

HarrisD1200 ...i'd like to know how the mitel does that
(PS. i dont know anything about Mitel)

I've got a call into our Mitel technician to get a better explanation. He called it "Follow Me" service, and it basically allows calls to the Mitel to be forwarded to any other device, keeping the original Caller ID intact. I'm in the CO side of the house, so I don't know all the details, either he'll get back with me, or you can try the Mitel forum. All I know is, it was a very nice bit of technology, he says his customers love it. It did require special software on the Mitel, I do know that much.

Thanks harris ...Findme followme is available on the NT Meridian (now CS) range of systems - which is not call fwding
- which also tranlates into more money :) (sold as Personal Call Director)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back