Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID not appearing on Nortel phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelneo

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2009
KW
Hi,
We have linked one office with a CCM with our main office which has the nortel Cs 1000. Calls are working fine between the sites using h 323 trunks. However,though the caller ID appears on the cisco phones, only the trunk extension, which is 888 in our case appears on the nortel phones. I am sure it is something simple, but I am fairly new to VoIP.
Does anyone have any ideas?

What version of CCM are you using? My CS1000 and CCM 5.1 are working great. Get caller ID both ways.

Perfection is expected, Excellence is Tolerated

CCM System version: 6.1.2.1000-13

Type Nortel Communication Server 1000S/M
Version 2121
Release 450W

How can I confirm the CCM is set to send CLID and the CS1000 to receive?

Thanks again.

i faced this problem before but when i changed my integration with SIP all CLID is working fine from both sides

So the caller ID on the cisco phone shows "888" as the caller ID which is a trunk number on the NORTEL?
Where do the trunks reside? On the NORTEL or CISCO?

No, the CLID on the nortel phones show 888-1, 888-2 etc instead of the extension of the cisco phone. 888 is the access code for the H323 trunk route on the CS1000.
On the cisco phones the nortel extension is shown, no problems there.
As far as i can tell, the call manager is set to send the CLID, but how can i confirm the settings are correct and that the CLID is being sent by the CCM?

OK back on the right thread.
Previous post:
"So is 888-1 888-2 etc the trunk numbers in the NORTEL? There are no trunk numbers in the CISCO side for pure h323 trunks with no CISCO gateway involved. I know there are on the NORTEL however. The nortel in this case acts as the gateway so you need to look in there and see what is happenning.
If I had to guess the NORTEL is ignoring the caller ID coming from the cisco side and inserting the trunk number instead."

How exactly are the two systems connected? VS PRI or just h323 trunks? If it is a cisco router in the picture and PRI run this debug command on the router, make a call and look at the info on the screen. It will show you what caller ID cisco is sending.

debug isdn q931
term on

Give us a rundown how the systems are connected and what gear is involved end to end. Then we can help further.

We have a 4 mb link between the sites, with two cisco routers in the path. Communication between PBX's is over H323 trunks.no pri between the sites.

thanks.

Isn't this one of those situation that requires two DSO groups? One to receive and one to send CID!!!

Just a thought!

[americanflag] Go Army!
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

hi whykap,
when i run an enl msgi 20 (20 being my d channel)and call from a cisco to the local nortel phone, i can only see the called number row with the nortel number, the calling number row does not appear.

thanks

Hi Whykap,
It's ok now. There was a setting on the CCM H323 gateway, calling numbering plan (under call routing information-outbound calls)that was set to call manager. when i set it to isdn, it works.

thanks again guys.

Hi,
Can I configure the CCM to send caller name along with the clid? Does this work always over H323? The caller name is not being sent both ways, not from the CS1K or the CCM? can anyone tell me where I can configure this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back