Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID is only delivering 7 digits ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeMonkey

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2007
US
I have a Nortel Meridian I. I have been trying to resolve an issue with my CLID. I have read several postings and I believe my CLID is set correctly.

ld 21
req:prt
type:clid
cust:0
size 1000
rnge 0 11

intl

entry 0
hntn 717 'my area code'
esa_hlcl 848 'my prefix'
esa_inhn no
esa_apdn yes
hlcl 8481111 'my main number'
didn no
hloc 717815 'AC and DID prefix'
lsc

This is the first of two.

It looks right. If I change:

hlcl 7178481111

My cellphone caller id says 717-8481

How do I get all 10 digits to go out? Is there a specific option to adjust this? I have already talked to my provider Level(3) and we did some tests. They are only receiving 7 digits from me. Can they limit me to 7 at their end? The issue I have is that some t-mobile cellphones won't accept malformed caller id. I get a fast busy when I try to call them. Thanks in advance.

With a DMI table on the RLI delete nothing but change the call type to NPA. On an NXX call you only send 7 digits.

TNPHONRMAN,

I appreciate your response but I need a little more help with the change. Which LD program do I use 15? What specific area do I do this in? I don't want to muck it up. Thanks.

You might want to get your vendor involved. One mistake can stop all outbound calls(possibly).

If you are determined, it is done in ld 86 and info gathered in ld 90.

Too long to explain without seeing what is in the switch. This is a 5 minute change and can even be done remotely.

Thanks TNPHONEMAN, I'll give it a try tomorrow. I've used ld 90 to add nxx before. I have all the manuals and try to print everything before I change things. If all else fails I'll call my local vendor.

another thing to check monday, ld 96 enl msgo x on the d, before you fix it, make sure your only sending 7 digits.. you may be sending 10 and your provider may be sending 7..

call type in the rlb may be the problem.. most of us send locals out without a dgt, so i wouldn;t think to look at those..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

OK I ran the ld 96 diags ENL MSGO 0 and made some test calls

I called my cellphone from the phone room using 9 for local

DHC 0 UIPE_OMSG CC_SETUP_REQ REF 00000004 CH 10 4 TOD 16...
PROGRESS: ORIGINATING END IS NOT ISDN
CALLING #:8582146 NUM PLAN: E164 'not the real numbers'
CALLED #:3194408 NUM PLAN: E164

I called my cellphone using 8 1 for long distance

DHC 0 UIPE_OMSG CC_SETUP_REQ REF 00000004 CH 10 4 TOD 16...
PROGRESS: ORIGINATING END IS NOT ISDN
CALLING #:7178582146 NUM PLAN: E164 'not the real numbers'
CALLED #:7173194408 NUM PLAN: E164

Of course I got a recording but I also see 10 digits. Its the system seeing me dial a local number so it sends out 7 digits. If I dial a long distance number it sends out 10.

Where is this setting and how do I (a novice) change it?

On the RLI for local calls you need a DMI table that changes the call type from NXX to NPA. That would be the CTYP prompt in the DMI table and then assign it to the RLI. Check the RLI first and make sure nothing is already assigned that manipulates the digits. If there is just edit that DMI table. Note if the DMI in the RLI is 0 then there is nothing assigned to it. This is all done in LD 86

OrangeMonkey - when I want to send my direct DID number, my CLID looks like this (I don't have ESA):

ENTRY 0
HNTN 904
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL 596
DIDN YES
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN
The 'called' will see 904596xxxx, with xxxx being our DID DN

When I want it to send a specific number:
ENTRY 1
HNTN
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL 8667848732
DIDN NO
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

The 'called' will see 8667848732

I also want my DID DN to be sent when I use my second key or (hate to say it) 'roll-over' key.

ENTRY 5
HNTN 904
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL
DIDN SRCH
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN
This causes the non-public roll-over key to search from key 0 up until it finds a key whose CLID has DIDN set to yes.

I learned something cool lately... when a phone has an ACD queue, a DID DN plus a second or roll-over key, it is possible to send the DID DN when the roll-over is used. Just assign entry 1 (DIDN NO) to the ACD key - not sure why Nortel requires a CLID to a key that can't call out! then entry 0 to the DID DN key... then entry 5 to the roll-over. If you assign the ACD key entry 0 (DIDN YES).. when a call is made from the roll-over it will send HNTN plus the HLCL plus the non-public ACD queue number! If they have name display... it ain't pretty!

OK,
So is there a rule on this? Is it standard to send 10 digits every time or just for long distance out of my area code? The whole reason I'm trying to make this change is that I can't get a call thru to a t-mobile cellphone. My Level(3) tech said he thought that since my caller id was only 7 digits that the call got rejected. He temporarily changed the settings and added my 10 digit billing number and I could get through. He took out the billing number and it failed. I called t-mobile tech?support? and each person (2) said they didn't think the caller id made any difference and it could not be blocked. They both (one in Florida and one in some other state) went into a long story about needing to dial 1 before the number or 1 area code etc. They said because of all the numbers issued that wierd dialing schemes are required. But in any case my caller id should not be an issue. What do you think?

When you make a NXX call the PBX will only send 7 digits unless you manipulate it with a DMI table and make the switch think you are making a NPA call type. It still only send the 7 digits you dialed but on the CLID it now sends the full 10 digits.

I have had to do this several places where they wanted a name on every DID number and I could not provide that with the PBX of course. Well long story short the CO needed all 10 digits in order to attach a name to the call. Without the 10 digits all the other end got was Unknown and xxx-xxxx. Now they get Metro Government xxx-xxx-xxxx. Some calls can be blocked for incorrect caller id. There was a post last week where they could not make outbound calls, the problem was they were trying to send 14 digits for caller id and the CO was rejecting the call based on that alone.

Based on what you experienced I would send out 10 digits and forget about it. This is going to hurt less than beating your head against the wall.

Tell your tech to find the RLI used for NXX calls and have them either add or modify the DMI table at the CTYP prompt it should say NPA. This would handle every call whether you are sending the main billing number or the DID number of the set.

Thanks for all your comments.

TNPHONEMAN had it right. For whatever reason the t-mobile cellphone needed to see the 10 digit clid. I went into RLI and changed RLI 1 so it had DMI 1 in both ENTR 0 and ENTR 1. It had DMI 0 before.

There is only 1 DMI setup.

DMI 1
DEL 0
INST 00
CTYP NPA

I've made several test calls and both t-mobile phones accepted my calls. I ran the diags on D ch 0. I appear to be sending 10 digits every time. I have the printer running to collect some history.

Again, thanks for all your help!

What you need to send it dependent on the LEC that you are connecting to. Because were running out of NPA's, some LEC's make you send 7, 10 or 11 digits for a local call, so you need to ask the local LEC what they are looking for and adjust your NARS/BARS programming to send the correct amount of digits.

A good place to start and get some insight into NARS/BARS go to

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back