Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID entry via SIZE prompt in LD 15 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

karate777caesar

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
One of our offices has a Meridian PBX (Option 61C)and is equipped with SBC Smart Trunks. As a result, we had significant flexibility in choosing the caller ID information that would be sent from our location. Some program areas chose to send the DID number associated with each calling DN, others opted for a central program-related DID number, and the remainder opted to send the main telephone number associated with the HQ.

One of the departments originally opted to display the DID number associated with each calling DN. They now request that a single number (their toll-free number) be associated with each of their DNs.

I know how to change the option for a DN; see the alphabetical list of prompts for LD 11, under Key xx SCN (and SCR); the CLID entry follows the DN, and corresponds to one number within the range specified at the SIZE prompt in LD 15 (customer data block). However, I find nothing to document just how the numbers within that range are defined. In LD 15 the SIZE prompt simply fixes the number of CLID entries available, and the CLID prompt is limited to a "yes/no" choice.

Can anyone tell me where in Meridian software I define the information associated with each CLID entry enabled through the SIZE prompt in LD 15?

If I understand your question correctly.

Print your CLID tables in LD 21 so that you have a comparison to a working table and build new table(s) as needed and then assign the sets to the CLID tables.

LD 15.
You need to build a new CLID table and assign your sets to that CLID table.

NARSBARS

You have to go 1 step further to entry and put in a new entry # This is the # that follows the extension

What is the procedure under LD 21, i.e. command sequence? Ditto for LD 15.

Code:
OVL000
>ld 21
PT1000

REQ: prt
TYPE: ftr
TYPE FTR_DATA
CUST 0

TYPE FTR_DATA
CUST 00
TBL
**DAPC**PREFIX TABLE NO: 00 **
      UNKN**INTL**NATL**ESPN**LOCL**ELOC**ECDP**
UNKN*
E164*       00    0
PRIV*
E163*       00    0
TELX*
X121*
NATL*

OPT AHD BIND BIXA BLA CFF CFRA
    COX CPA CTA DBA DNX DSX
    HTU HVD XBL IC1 IDP XLF
    IHD ITG FKA LOD LRA MCI
    MWUD PVCD REA RND
    RTR RTD ROX SBA SYA
    TTAD VOBD CWRD HLPD HRLD
    CXOD
DGRP 200
IRNG NO
PKND 2
DNDL NO
[b]SPRE 1111[/b]
PREO 0
BPSS NO
SRCD 6666
EEST YES
  DTMF YES
EESD NO
TTBL 0
MUS YES
  MUSR 10
ALDN
RECD NO
PORT 0
STCB NO
NSCP NO
MCDC NO
NAUT NO
IDEF YES
MTAR NO
LEND NO
MSCD NO
CPCI NO
CONF_DSP
  CNFFIELD NO
  CNF_NAME CONF
  INTFIELD NO
    INT_NAME I
  EXTFIELD NO
    EXT_NAME E
BSFE NO
ASPCT 010
FXS NO
DFLT_LANG ENG
STS_MSG
  MSG01  Please leave message

the bold print is where you'll find your spree code, i thought i posted that here an hour ago

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I work on an option 11c and am trying to enter a new CLID entry. Thanks to Bell's limit for the exchange we used to work in, we had to start programing newer DID's in a new exchange. But our outbound display only shows our old exchange. I know I have to modify the CDB in LD 15 in order to make the system understand the new calling exchange but the manuals are very vaige in how that can be copmpleted. Can somone help me out?

We found that in LD 15, I need to enter the following:
REQ: chg
TYPE: net_data
Press "enter" for all prompts until "CLID".
CLID: yes

Then we used one of the existing entries (printed from LD 21) to guide the completion of a new entry. The test call made from a Medtrans phone suggests that it worked in this instance.

Thanks again to everyone who responded.

Hello karate777caesar.

Thank you for your most helpful hint, yet I still have an issue with the old exchange still apprearing. We are in the 416 area code and our old exchange was 593. The new one is 596 and even though the new CLID entry is sitting there in the Customer Data Block now, whom ever call out using the 596 exchage still shows as 593 on the other persons call display. Is there something other then in LD 15 I should be doing to make this happen?

Please advise

Hello karate777ceasar

I forgot to mention, this is what our current CLID print out looks like:

ENTRY 0
HNTN 416
ESA_HLCL 5931221
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL 5931221
DIDN NO
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

ENTRY 1
HNTN 416
ESA_HLCL 593
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL 593
DIDN YES
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

ENTRY 2
HNTN 416
ESA_HLCL 596
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL 593
DIDN YES
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

It looks like everthing is in order.

What did I miss

I notice that clid entries 0 to 2, have 593 seeded. Is it possible that 593 needs to be replaced in each instance? Entry 0 is the default and it shows 593 in ESA_HLCL and HLCL. I was reading FAQ 798-4654 for Perry PJ for how he sends CLID on his ISDN-PRI lines. Otherwise, ask John Poole for a contribution.

In entry 2, under HLCL, change 593 to 596.

Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem. --Vergil

In addition to above, on each set that has one of the newer
DID's (596), make sure each DN shows a "2" after the extension. This will reference entry 2 in the CLID table.

Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem. --Vergil

Boberator & karate777caesar.

Thank you for your valuable information. Thanks to your advice problem has been rectified and all is back to normal.
When the lawyers are happy, I am happy.

Keep this thread alive.

jsiedlecki@blaney.com

Response to Boberator. The other day I pondered, Bob's comment, "Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem." I then found the translation, "The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety." Only right now did it hit me and I laughed as hard as I could. In other words, if you are doomed, try anything for what is there to fear? Go forward fearlessly without the safety net (of not trying).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back