Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

plough

Technical User
Jul 12, 2005
US
If I program a Clid Entry as follows: (I have used fake numbers for security reasons)

ENTRY 54
HNTN 111
ESA_HLCL 2223334444
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN NO
HLCL 9998888
DIDN YES
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FORMAT DN

Would the result be: Outbount Caller ID Number be 111-999-8888 and the 911 center see 222-333-4444?

Non 911 calling will receive 111-999-8888-Your DN cause DIDN is set to yes

news flash, 911 will not see your clid change ever,, 911 works on ani not clid, clid ties to the ss7 table.. not ali/ani field.. if 911 was that easy to spoof we could all rob banks for a living,, let the bank dial 911 and send the cops to the local pool hall.. your playing with clid.. your entry 54 should send 11122233344449998888 plus your 4 or 5 digit did dn.. but the provider will only see 10 digits, and in my part of the network, just reject the call

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I think it depends on the local carriers what goes to 911; and when there are CLECs involved, it can even get more complicated. In my local area, I have to pulse out a valid number that rides that particular PRI for the traditional local carrier. But on some of the PRIs that are offered by local CLECs, I can change the CLID to be someone else's and it will go and the wrong number does go to the PSAP. I made a typo once and it did happen (didn't dispatch any emergency services, thank goodness we made test calls to 911).

Technically, what you entered and what you are looking for in result should work, but it is always good to place some test calls.

your provider is not fcc compliant, great place for a major class action

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, I think your right. I should have remembered this...

It is based on ANI and the ss7 Database.

I am pointing a DID not in my local CO temporarily accross the WAN to this PBX.
If I send the call out of my PRI here, it should still show THIS Address, even if teh Clid sent out the original number not form this co (If it will send the clid at all)...

I will test to make sure.

One other thought-
The PSAP will receive the '2 way' billing number and other location info from the CO unless the site has a system of sending the info itself-

E911 or Pinpoint 911 required here in the deep south..otherwise trk grp billing number and address sent to psap by the co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back