Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLID and Cell Phones on BCM50

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossman57

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2010
US
Is there any thing I can change in the BCM50 to resolve the following senario?

I just received a call. It is only showing “cell phone” and no number. After you answer the call there are two options to choose from, “info” and “transfer”. If you choose info it gives you two more options, “exit” and “more”. If you choose more, you finally get the phone number. By then, your call is over!

If it's a call through the POTS caller ID displays name & number. But calls coming in on cell phones just display "cellphone".

Thanks, Bossman

I would guess the cell phone is not giving out the signal in time.
POT's signal is sent between 1st and 2nd ring so maybe the cell is taking more?.

Call in with a cell but don't answer and see if it eventually shows and note how many rings it took.

*** NEW FORUM - E-Metrotel UCx ***

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thanks Curlycord, they are using auto attendant and I have it set for three rings already. I will try to extend it out for more rings. Thanks, Bossman

So these are call transferred from AA then, in that case I am not so sure on a cure.
If Info does supply it then the signal is getting through.
Best test is without AA and use a set/human, this will help eliminate AA as being an issue.

*** NEW FORUM - E-Metrotel UCx ***

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Cell Phone is the CLID name coming from the CO/provider and you can't change that. You can make it that the number comes up first buy going into the set programming/Telco and change CLID display first to number.

The CO is passing name & number to BCM50. I can watch it through the BCM Monitor application.

If the CO is sending a different name to what you see on the set that usually means there is a system wide speed dial setup for that number and the name of your speed dial is "cell phone". They system will show the speed dial entry instead of the info passed from the CO when the matching number calls in.

Check your system speed dials to see if you have programmed in that number and take a look at the name that is assigned to the entry.

The calls are all inbound cell phone service. Land line calls work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back