Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clicking on Folder-arrow in Win. Explorer moves folder to bottom?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsteph

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
Hi all,
When I'm in Windows Explorer, and the folder pane is on the left, if I click on the 'expand' arrow of a folder it suddenly and jarringly moves that folder to the bottom of the window.

It seems to do this more consistently if I first click on that folder to display its contents on the right--then clicking the arrow to expand the folders on the left pulls the rug out from under me.

It really makes file maintenance difficult--it's like an annoying little gremlin moving stuff around when I'm trying to work with it.

Has anyone else noticed this, and does anyone know if this is a known bug or a 'feature'?
Thanks,
--Jim

Hi

This drives my crazy too!
What I did was to install Classic Shell.

It solved a couple of problems I had with Windows 7.
I didn't like the start menu either, all that scrolling up and down.

Classic Shell makes both the start menu and the folders in Windows explorer act like they did in XP, a big improvement from my perspective.
You can turn it on and off so If you don't want to use is all the time you don't have to.

MIke

Mike,
Wow...thanks for that link, it's exactly what I needed!

The Start Menu change is excellent too--it was claustrophobic trying to look for programs in that narrow space Windows 7's start menu had--this is a breath of fresh air.
--Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back