Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

clicking on an alarm on the browser gives the wrong map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eshi

Technical User
Oct 20, 2002
US
Help please :
i am new to NNM , i have a problem that sometimes double clicking on alarms on the alarm browser gives the wrong map
how can i correct that ?
(i am using nnm on w2k)

Do you have any more details ?

Is the map that is opening not a map which contains the device indicated in the event browser ?

Is it only for particular event types or devices ?

Nigel.

Thanks Nigel

the map that opens contain the device that is the source of the alarm , but not the right connection to the device in the other side that has the problem .
it happens only in frame relay alarms and only on the hub routers .

I've noticed that I get these kind of results also and think its boils down to the way the nodes are added to NNM (not 100% sure but have noticed this weirdness). We've got over 250 framerelay routers and I used add the router via the framerelay serial interface IP (did this since alot of our routers have address's that arent in our IP 10 space),
and when I click on the alarm instead of going to the submap of the site, it goes to the network submap of the framerelay network.. example; a cleveland router 10.100.x.x ethernet and 10.100.0.22 frame net would go to the 10.100.0.20 subnet instead of the cleveland container.

hope this helps and doesnt confuse more than you were.

NNM forwards SNMP to UDP port 167 I believe. Often is is instead sent to TCP 167 when routed. A hurdle to centralized NNM. Openview DM and CMIP arch can resolve this issue. This is used in the telco arena alot little expensive and higher overhead iee learning curve. There should be a work around but I hope this points you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back