Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Clicking into a textbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

weggers

Programmer
Jul 3, 2001
US
When I click into a textbox, the click will not take unless I point to a point in the box which is at or beyond the size of the data specified for the box. Then the cursor moves to the end of the existing data or to the beginning if the textbox is empty. I want to be able to click into the data and have the cursor remain where I clicked like I have seen in other VFP applications, but I can't find where my code differs.
Any help will be appreciated.

What code do you have if any in the click event? What if anything do you have in the format property of the object?

-- cd.

Disable the selectonentry property of the text box.

HTH,

Weedz (Wietze Veld) They cling emotionally to code and fix development rather than choosing practices based on analytical assesments of what works best. - Steve McConnell

Thanks for the responses. From Form back to textbox baseclass: Nothing in Click Event, Nothing in Format and SelectOnEntry Set to False.

Problem solved. Was using VFP6.0 _textbox from _base.vcx as parent class for my character entry textboxes. Created new subclass of TextBox and substituted it for _textbox. Everything now works as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back