Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Click Yes in Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

cathyg18

MIS
Mar 12, 2001
US
I have a macro that runs three queries consecutively. The first two are make table queries, so the user has to click 'Yes' six times. Is there a way to incorporate the click 'Yes' into the macro so that it is invisible to the user? In these cases, the answer would ALWAYS be 'Yes'. I don't want to turn off the confirm action property globally, since I also have several delete queries where I would want the user to have the option to say 'No'.

Thanks,

Cathyt

You shouldn't have to turn off the confirm action globally. You should be able to turn it off and turn it back on right in that macro. Then it only effects the actions between the two confirm actions(at least that's how it works with VBA).

Paul

Thanks Paul.

I'm really a newbie, and can't see how to do that. Could you walk me through?

Thanks

Never mind ... got it! Thanks for your help.

Cathy or Paul,

If you can tell me the answer that would be wonderful!

Thanks!

In the macro there is an Action called SetWarnings. First you select this Action and set it to No. Then you do whatever other actions your Macro is runninng. Then you select SetWarnings again and set it to Yes. Don't forget this part or it will turn off your warning messages throughout the database.

Paul

If you're looking for a more advanced way to turn off messages without affecting the global setting, check out thread705-463995.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back