Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

click all 10 buttons at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev510

Programmer
Jul 12, 2006
Hello everyone,

I am looking for the fastest way to automatically click about 30 buttons on a webpage. The buttons are just normal button objects (not image/link) displayed in a webpage. Tricky thing is, there are two types of buttons, "Button A" and "Button B", and I need to click only all of the "Button A"s.

Here are some information you might need - Windows XP Home.
I have access to Mozilla Firefox/IE6/IE7.

I am already aware of the "just click them your self really fast" method.

Additionally, how can I achieve the same for check boxes?

Thanks everyone in advance!!

If you have firefox, you could use selenium ide - a free plugin for firefox that allows you to record and then playback web browsing.

If the checkboxes have something in common (same class for instance) then you could write a "favelet" snippet of javascript that you could click in the browser toolbar.

Just a thought!

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Blog [!]@[/!] CodeRambler
[/tt]

Make sure your web page and css validates properly against the doctype you have chosen - before you attempt to debug a problem!

FAQ216-6094

thank you!
i will try your suggestions today and let you know of the results...

Why would you need to click on 10 buttons, couldn't you click on just 1 and have all the actions for the 10 buttons run server side?

I don't follow the logic of having to click 10 buttons at the same time.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Maybe "buttons" means "radio buttons" ??

I don't see how you can click more than one "button" at any given time so it almost has to be radio buttons....right??

i am not trying to code the page...

I am trying to click those 30 buttons in a webpage designed by someone else

Have you guys read my post?

I apologize if posting my question in this forum confused you folks... To me though, it seemed like this was the best place.

You need to use a second program to do this. I recommend using AutoIT to write the code you need for your project.

Lee

Agreed, you'd need to get a third party app that can submit forms.

Ohh and its o.k, but it was a bit confusing, since this forum is aimed at actually coding and developing the web sites .

Still AutoIT as trollacious recommended would suit your needs.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back