Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CLI on GASM8

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkHillman

Technical User
Feb 22, 2006
GB
Hi All,

I have installed a GASM8 onto a BCM 200. I'm having an issue with CLI coming through the phones. I put all the latest core patches onto the system but nothing has changed.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Mark

are the phones ringing at least twice, most caller id info comes in on the second ring

what software version on BCM, you have to check a box when you assign the line to a phone on 4.0 to enable CLI.

Does caller ID show up when using BCM Monitor if it doesn't then you are not getting it from Telco.

are the dip switch on North America, I think all off or is it all on, what about a power down and power up, sometimes it's that easy, but I'm sure you have done this

It's a UK system and the dip switches are set to BUS1. It does show CLI on BCM monitor as it does on the IP phones but just not on the handset. I have patched the system and it's running on 4.0. I have also ticked the box for CLI

I'm stumped really...

I believe in CAPABALITIES of the analog port there is a setting for CLID.. Check that out..

--DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back